How can we manage to move without stress?
If there is a word that is linked to moving is the word stress. And a big change like this always produces a feeling of instability as well as nervousness that are very difficult to control. Therefore, from our real estate in Alhaurín de la Torre, we want to show you how to get to move to a new property without stress appearing.
Tips for moving without stress
With these tips, your move will be more bearable and you will have everything under control just follow them!
- Planning: the key to avoiding dramas during the move is master planning. Before you go into checkout mode, make a to-do list and set realistic deadlines. You’ll avoid those “Where did I put my keys?”
- Help from friends and family: no lonely heroes. Invite your friends and family to a day of “packing and pizza”. With more hands, less stress.
- Discard the unnecessary: Remember that coat you haven’t worn since 2008? Forget it. Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the unnecessary. Less stuff, less stress.
- Label all boxes: label your boxes like a professional. You don’t want to be opening and closing all the boxes to find the object you’re looking for. Be specific and useful.
Make small breaks during the move to avoid stress
Create a resting place with pillows and blankets, it is very important that this area is away from the area where the boxes are and everything related to the move.
Making small breaks during the move can make the difference between stress during the move and tranquility. Take a few minutes to recharge and relax. A brief moment of tranquility can do wonders. Thanks to these breaks, you can continue with much more desire, it is recommended to make breaks of 15 to 20 minutes but, if necessary for more time, remember that mental health is just as important as physics.
Another great idea is to stop to play a quick game. Whether it’s a card game or a puzzle, changing your focus can reduce stress.
Adequate advance time to arrange a move
- Little content: 4-6 weeks before: If your home is small and you have fewer possessions, a month in advance may be enough.
- Moderate content: 6-8 weeks before: for medium-sized households, gives at least two months to pack calmly.
- A lot of content: 8-12 weeks before: large houses or large families require a longer period, three months or more.
Can stress occur during a move with children?
¡Absolutely! Moving with children can be like juggling with extra juggling stress. Emotion and uncertainty can lead to small emotional earthquakes. Children may feel anxious to leave their family environment behind or worried about what awaits them in the new home.
The key is open communication. Explain the process of moving in a positive and exciting way A big change for everyone is coming! Involve them in the process, allowing them to store some of their belongings and decorate their new rooms. This will give them a sense of control and excitement.
Also, keep some familiar things during the move, such as favorite toys or comforting blankets. This will provide comfort during the transition and if you leave some toys, it also serves as entertainment.
And is that if you want to make a move without stress, the best thing is to know that the house that is waiting for you is much better than the previous one. If you want to find the house of your dreams, do not hesitate to contact us to visit the house with which you have always dreamed.